How You can Help
Horse Leaders, Side Walkers & Groomers
Volunteer roles consist of a horse leader who guides the horse, side walkers who focus on the rider and groomers who prepare our horses for lessons. Volunteers interested in leading & side walking should be in relatively good health. A fair amount of walking and sometimes running is required.
Special Events, Fundraising & Office Volunteers
Horses aren’t your thing? We are always in need of volunteers who have a variety of professional and office administration skills to help with fundraising and special events.
Facility Support Volunteers
Operating with a small, full-time staff, we rely on our volunteers for general maintenance, repairs and improvements of our facility to keep our building & equipment up-to-date. We are always in need of carpenters, electricians, landscapers, gardeners, painters, mechanics and more!
Business and Organization Volunteer Days
Each year, businesses and groups throughout our community come together to volunteer with us for a day. Tasks have included painting, cleaning our facility, tending to our garden, trail upkeep, office work, and much, much more! Have an idea? We would love to hear from you!
Interested in volunteering? Choose a training date labeled VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION and give us a call at (845) 986-6686 to register!
Steps to Get Involved
- Complete Volunteer Application and return prior to attending orientation – Volunteer Application
- Meet our age requirement. All volunteers must be at least 14 years old.
- Attend our volunteer orientation and additional trainings, depending on the role you select. Registration required for all.
- Use the schedule above to select your orientation date.
- We look forward to meeting you!
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at (845) 986-6686 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional steps in the process to becoming a volunteer at Winslow.